Wednesday 27 May 2009

Apologies for the name


The blog is named after a similar saying by "Oor Wullie", a cartoon character in the Scottish paper, the "Sunday Post". He has short spiky hair, wears dungarees and sits on an upturned tin pail. Unlike me he hasn't changed in the last fifty years. When in dire straits, he has been known to utter " Jings, crivens and help ma Boab". Roughly translated it derives from "Jesus, Heavens and Help Me God!" or something like that..........

And that's also what came naturally to mind when I was trying to think of a name for the blog anyway.

Listening to....... The Proclaimers " Throw the R away"

see you later..........

No comments:

The Sunday Posts 2017/Mince and Tatties.

Mince and Tatties I dinna like hail tatties Pit on my plate o mince For when I tak my denner I eat them baith at yince. Sae mash ...