Friday 25 March 2011

A Good Lunch

The Bridge To Nowhere, Dunbar.


Hullo ma wee blog,

Salmon fillets steamed over water and cider vinegar, green leaves of watercress and spinach, tomatoes and cucumber and a dressing of toasted sesame oil and a few drops or so of lime juice. Nice peppery leaves, nutty oil and the tang of citrus, sweetness from the tomatoes, the earthiness of the cucumber and the luxury of the salmon given a few nice twists of sea salt from the grinder all went together perfectly with a cold glass of cider.

Absolutely stonking.

Well done that man!

See you later.

Listening to

5 comments:

Nicky said...

Oh no! You've made me hungry, hehe! I'm drooling thinking of salmon now. I actually had smoked salmon on a pizza for the first time a couple of days ago, it was delicious! Love that bridge to nowhere. You share the most wonderful photos Alistair!

A.T. Post said...

Great. Just great. Way to make a breakfast-less morning even hungrier. Gracias, amigo.

Elizabeth Rhiannon said...

Oh goodness...lunch at your place, then? I can't resist jumping up and dancing when I hear 'Cars'...classic 80's, good stuff! Have a great weekend...

coastkid said...

stop it... your giving me the munchies!
Heading along by the bridge tomorrow, which pub then for such delights?

Alistair said...

Nicky and Postman - sorry guys never thought that at the time that I'd be making anyone hungry. Brings home the saying 'eat my words' though lol. The bridge is local to me and the stream it spans disappears when the tide comes in. Glad you like my photo's Nicky. Kind of you to say so.

ER - Lunch here anytime! Glad you liked the choice of music. I used to be told that I looked like Gary at the time this was out which I thought was wrong. {he looked like me! but it did help with the laydeez....} This is classic though....

CK - Dunno mate - certainly there's none left here after I've been at it. Could try 'the Rocks' but it's a bit expensive for my taste just for a lunch. The one across the other side of the headland isn't bad and I hear 'The Hillside' at the other end of town is pretty good these days.

The Sunday Posts 2017/Mince and Tatties.

Mince and Tatties I dinna like hail tatties Pit on my plate o mince For when I tak my denner I eat them baith at yince. Sae mash ...