Sunday 14 April 2013

The sunday Posts 2013/Barter

Life has loveliness to sell,
All beautiful and splendid things,
Blue waves whitened on a cliff,
Soaring fire that sways and sings,
And children's faces looking up
Holding wonder like a cup.

Life has loveliness to sell,
Music like a curve of gold,
Scent of pine trees in the rain,
Eyes that love you, arms that hold,
And for your spirit's still delight,
Holy thoughts that star the night.

Spend all you have for loveliness,
Buy it and never count the cost;
For one white singing hour of peace
Count many a year of strife well lost,
And for a breath of ecstasy
Give all you have been, or could be.

Sara Teasdale
Photo by Alistair.


2 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Hello there - having said I had been waiting for the sunday post (16th comment), what do a I find here?! Either I didn't read my blog roll properly or am just menosoupal...

Take yer pick. &~> Great piccy - but where was it taken? YAM

Alistair said...

Why thank you kindly.

The photo is a tourist boat approaching the Rheinfall in Neuhausen, canton Shaffhausen in Switzerland. It's an hours gentle walk from my wifes' aunts farm where we'll be going on holiday in a few weeks. We've been there almost every year for almost 30 years so it's a weel kent spot.

I had this poem ready some time ago and when I posted it on Sunday it initially landed among posts from 2012 until I put it in its rightful spot. That's why it never showed in the blog listings no doubt so ye can stop blamin yersel' lassie!

Cheers.

The Sunday Posts 2017/Mince and Tatties.

Mince and Tatties I dinna like hail tatties Pit on my plate o mince For when I tak my denner I eat them baith at yince. Sae mash ...