Wednesday 24 December 2014

Merry Christmas one and All



On window panes, the icy frost
Leaves feathered patterns, crissed & crossed,
But in our house the Christmas tree
Is decorated festively
With tiny dots of colored light
That cozy up this winter night.
Christmas songs, familiar, slow,
Play softly on the radio.
Pops and hisses from the fire
Whistle with the bells and choir.
My tiger is now fast asleep
On his back and dreaming deep.
When the fire makes him hot,
He turns to warm whatever’s not.
Propped against him on the rug,
I give my friend a gentle hug.
Tomorrow’s what I’m waiting for,
But I can wait a little more.

Bill Watterson

4 comments:

DB Stewart said...

Happy Christmas to Alistair & all those lucky enough to be loved by him. Have a good one bud.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Blessings and warmest wishes to you, Alastair, and your dear lady; may you have a cheerful and peaceful Christmas... YAM xx

Bovey Belle said...

Hoping that you had a lovely Christmas and all the best for 2015.

Loved the poem, btw. It reads like a hug : )

Alistair said...

Thank you all. G and I have had a quiet peaceful Christmas together. We hope you have enjoyed the season so far and wish you all the very best for 2015 when it comes.

The Sunday Posts 2017/Mince and Tatties.

Mince and Tatties I dinna like hail tatties Pit on my plate o mince For when I tak my denner I eat them baith at yince. Sae mash ...